Hello! I have three (mostly) brand spanking new albums for you this month. I am looking forward to reviewing the new London Suede album, which came out at the end of September but because there is no US release date set I have to get it from some English friends. Anyways, enjoy these new classics. Go and buy them yourselves! Or download them and burn them to your cds and stick it to the man!!
- Coldplay - A rush of blood to the head
- I adored _Parachutes_ and I think that I like this album more. The sophisticated pop sound of Coldplay has been refined and grown into an intoxicating blend of melodies and lyrics. It is almost irresistable. If Coldplay is the new IT band, then sign me up on the bandwagon.
- Future Sounds of London - Isness
- If you have never heard of FSOL, then you are in for a treat with this album. It combines everything that is great about the band with softer techno-ish beat that should appeal to everyone. My favorite tracks are "divinity", "the mello hippo disco show", and "the isness". The classic FSOL is here, with the great ambient track at the end. For many, FSOL is just albums full of random noises that pass for songs. But, they seem to find beauty in sounds that we take for granted everyday and turn them into glorious music. This is a defnite purchase if you are a fan of ambient music or are curious about the genre. Heck, just buy and see what you think.
- Peter Gabriel - Up
- I am going to call this the new classic for this month. I had no idea this was being released until last week, when it was put on store shelves. Gabriel is one of those artists who always seems to stay true to the music he made years ago but can keep up with the times. There are classic Peter Gabriel moments on this album. Where you'll sit up and go that sounds like "Red rain" or something. But, there is also a new element here that may surprise some fans like it did me. I had no idea that this was going to be as techno-y as it was. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the album and I think that Peter may have finally found his voice after 6 years. If this album doesn't get Album of the year I will be shocked and totally depressed about the music scene. It's an exquisite album from one of pop's most durable artists. I don't rave about albums very often so when I do it means something. Buy this album, that's an order.